What is KinderGeld?
A very unique system for Indians is KinderGeld (Child's money).
Good news for you is that Indians are also entitled to it, if they have children.
This is an allowance from the German government to help parents in raising children. It is usually transferred into a German bank
You get €184 per month for each of the first two children. (We will not talk about more children since we Indians not like to have more than two children)
How to Apply?
This information is under review.
- Anmeldung - You need to be registered as living in Germany
- Birth Certificate - This has to be an original (translations of them if they are not in German)
- Your passport - only when you go to the KVR/Rathaus
- €5 euro's
- Printouts of the following forms:
- Fill in both Forms
- Take the Haushaltbescheinigung, €5 and your passport to your local KVR/Rathaus (The place where did you regitration/anmeldung)
Put in the envelope:
- After completing the form, officer will ask you to pay €5 on the counter or at "kasse"
- Pay and get a receipt. You have to show this to the officer with the Haushaltbescheinigung and he will give you stamped form.
- Stamped Haushaltbescheinigung
- Antrag auf Kindergeld (filled in)
Post it to the office of familienkasse belonging to the city you live in ! The addresses are given below link
- Birth certificate
- Residence permit copy
You will now get your Kindergeld in 3-4 weeks.
While leaving Germany?
Once your employment ends or you or your children leave Germany, you
must notify the agency that pays you Kindergeld
to stop the
payments. This can be done by phone or email also. FInd the email id from letter you received from Kindergeld office.
Kindergeld 'Notice of change' including cancellation form
) is given below.